Friday, July 31, 2009

Family Reunion

We had a mini-reunion while in Illinois. This time, we spent the day with our cousins, Aunt and Uncles. Despite the fact that my Mom, Allie's Granny, couldn't attend this celebration, we still all got together with her brothers and their families. It was a lot of fun. Allie got to meet even more cousins! I hadn't seen this side of the family since my Grandma's passing back in 2005. Luckily, with the increase computer activity, we are a little more in touch these days, but we had to get together in person to reunite and say hello!

It was so great to see everyone and get to meet the new kids in the family and introduce Allie to everyone. Family is so important to me and I'm hoping we can get together regularly. I really want Allie to know her cousins just like I did when I was growing up. One of my college friends, Chris Swensen, also was able to attend the party. We hadn't seen each other in 15 years - which we believe is strange considering we still feel only 25 now!

Anyway, we had such a wonderful time playing games, eating good food and just hanging out together. Thanks to everyone for driving all the way they did to get together with their southern relatives. Next summer we can meet at somewhere more convenient for someone else. :-) I'd suggest Alabama, but I'm thinking it would be a lot smaller of a crowd.

P.S. Mom- we missed you and Bill. Let's start planning for next summer!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Allie:

Again your Mom did a great job posting story and pictures of your Illinois trip on your blog. We really enjoyed all of it!

It was great for Granma and I to see so many of the Andersons. Mom's idea of an annual family get together is great and we hope it can be pulled off. Next time we hope your Dad will be able to come.

We love you Allie! ... Grandpa